ACA L2 River Kayaking Instructor Course Scholarship August 9th-11th or August 13th-15th, 2021
TSRA is offering a scholarship, in the amount of $200, to an upcoming River Kayaking certification course. To apply for the scholarship, please contact Jessie@paddletsra.org no later than July 15th, 2021.
So, what is this class all about? Do you want to learn how to teach others to safely and enjoyably kayak on gentle rivers? Would you like to have the ability to proficiently demonstrate paddling skills and perform rescues efficiently and effectively, in moving water? The ACA River Kayaking Instructor Course (Level 2) will help you demonstrate leadership, group management skills, organization, experience and judgment necessary to be a safe, effective instructor.
Date: August 9th – 11th or August 13th – 15th, 2021
Location: Parksville Lake & Lower Hiwassee River, Reliance, TN
Instructors: ACA IT Dave Kessman
· Age 18+
· Good overall health and fitness
· Comfortable in moving waters
· Proficient in self-rescue skills
· Must be a current TSRA and ACA member
What is this scholarship all about? TSRA is offering one scholarship, in the amount of $200. To apply for the scholarship, please contact Jessie Finamore at Jessie@paddletsra.org no later than Thursday, July 15th, 2021.
Scholarship Requirements and Additional Considerations:
· Each year that your ACA Kayaking certification lasts (which is four years), scholarship recipients must be available and agree to help TSRA by teaching and or chairing 2 TSRA Recreational Kayaking classes per year
· Applicant must be a current TSRA and ACA member prior to being awarded a scholarship and also maintain both memberships throughout the four years of certification.
· Food, lodging and transportation are the responsibility of each instructor candidate.
· Upon certification, instructors will be responsible for $35 annual SEIC dues.
· Certified instructors will need current CPR and First Aid certification, but this can be completed after the ACA certification is earned.
· TSRA plans to offer future CPR/First Aid training for a nominal fee. Date(s) are to be determined.