Intro to Kayak 101. TONS OF FUN!!
An FUN introductory class to make you knowledgeable about Kayaks, be comfortable and safe in the water with new Kayak Skills!!!
What is a Kayak and How it Works for You?
Be The Duck! Wear The Boat!
Be a Paddle Dancer!
Be A Safety Planner!
A certified kayak instructor will guide you in small group in a day of fun to gain new skills that will make a kayak an “Adventure Boat” for you. “BE THE DUCK!”
Participants need to provide:
- Kayak, Paddle and PFD. (rentals are available for $? upon registration)
- Wear Poly Clothing – No killer Cotton. (you will be in the lake)
- Water shoes – or old sneakers, hat, sun block, eye glass floater strap
- Water (2 quarts in water bottles), lunch, snacks
- 10ft length of rope with optional carabiner (bow line)
- Big Smile and Great Enthusiasm!!!
Note: minimum age 14
Gain a Gain a sense of stability in a kayak, know how to paddle correctly for control, and know how to conduct a safe experience for yourselves and your paddle mates. of stability in a kayak, know how to paddle correctly for control, and know how to conduct a safe experience for yourselves and your paddle mates.