Committees or Chair Descriptions
- Finance, Fundraising and Grants- become educated on the inner workings of fundraisers, assist with auctions, development of donation letters, process for creating scholarship funds, placement of donations. Work with Community Shares, Lost Loon, Rendezvous.
- Marketing and Advertising- social media posts, create opportunities to blend with the paddling community, work with Social Committee to get word out for opportunities and events, stay abreast of opportunities with ACA, assist with ideas for newsletter, e-blasts.
- Safety, First Aid and ACA Training- guide and oversee all rescue clinics, be contact for *TN/ACA safety concerns and updates, campaign and promote safety community wide, create a pool of trained instructors and support boaters, organize follow up program for instructor training: Wilderness Safety, ACA certification, CPR and First Aid. This committee is a resource for the school committee.
- Social and Membership Promotion- Submit items/ideas to Marketing team, membership drive/incentive programs, youth outreach, meet and greets, member campsite meets, annual meeting, booth events, holiday party, volunteer appreciation event.
- Schools and Follow up Events- create and brainstorm money making schools and follow up events, create or help implement follow up events that coincide with schools, procure school chairs/lead instructors, assist chairs and leads, admin and safety for Intro to Kayaking, Intro to Rivers, Rescue for Rec Boaters, Kayak Fishing, C&K School, BRR, TSRA Swiftwater Rescue, Team River Runner, Hot Rolls.
- River Access- meetings, builds, news and events, grant writing, logistics, work crew, supplies, volunteers, paperwork
- Conservation- inform, supply info for newsletter, guest speakers, attend external meetings, educate members on all conservation groups.
- Newsletter editor - interview board members, event coordinator, etc. and write up articles for newsletter, format monthly e-newsletters and annual newsletter
- Volunteer Coordinator – Need team leaders to create volunteer database, send invites to functions and events, utilize website to create a “bulletin board” of events for volunteers to sign up, create event: clean ups, access builds, tree plantings, scout events, Jack Lyle River Kids, Historian